For any business, data plays a very crucial role. A large amount of data is collected as the business expands and the products grow. Management of the data and the content is crucial for all types of enterprises.
Product information management (PIM) and content management systems (CMS) are the two different important systems essential for managing all sorts of content in the organization. PIM is useful in handling the product data while CMS allows for managing the content that includes content publishing and data distribution across different channels.
A Brief About Pimcore
Pimcore is the open-source platform used by different enterprises for the management of product information. It has inbuilt capabilities for data management and content management. It includes an all-in-one solution for major business needs.
It allows for the management and maintenance of the different types of data, implementation, and execution of the omnichannel strategies to support the eCommerce business for sales and marketing. Pimcore platform has different features that include product information management, digital asset management, content management system, etc.
Pimcore development services enable storing all the data at a centralized location and can be accessed by the different teams within the organization. This leads to increased communication within the teams which helps to enhance performance.
If you want to explore more about Pimcore, don’t miss reading What is Pimcore and How It Boosts Business Growth.
Why Should You Consider Using Pimcore?
The product-based company needs to keep its product information updated to share the details with potential users. Providing true, accurate, and complete details to the customers or end-users is essential as it helps in building the customer’s confidence in the product and the brand. Because of this, you can gain a better customer experience.
The different benefits gained by the business by implementing the Pimcore platform are listed for your reference, take a look:
Eliminating data silos
The organization includes various departments working in unison for their optimal functioning. Each of these departments generates its data. Each of these departments has its repository for storing its data and is isolated from the rest of the organization.
As the number of isolated data repositories increases, the interdepartmental communication problems increase. Implementing the Pimcore allows for centralized storage of data from the different departments thus eliminating these data silos. This helps in enhancing the quality of data, reliability, and accessibility of product information.
Competition in the market is ever-increasing and the expectations of the customers also keep increasing. The enterprise must provide the best product to their customers to increase customer satisfaction.
Implementing Pimcore allows for providing updated details at each step of product development and will help in providing accurate product information to all the channels involved in eCommerce. This helps in decreasing the time-to-market.
Enabling the business for Omnichannel
Implementing the omnichannel strategy helps in improving the customer experience. This enables all the customers to have the same experience while communicating through different channels like social media, Facebook, online store, website, marketplace, etc.
Omnichannel allows for providing the same message to the customers through several touch points across the different channels.
Visit Why is Pimcore the Right Platform to Ensure the Success of Your Online Business? To have more reasons for considering Pimcore to empower and amplify your online business.
A Brief About WordPress
WordPress is an open-source platform implemented by most organizations for the content management system (CMS). This tool is very popular with users as it does not require any specialized coding experience for building websites and blogs.
This application does not cost anything. The organization can easily install this application, use it for designing their blogs or website and modify it as per the requirements.
Initially, WordPress was used only for the creation of blogs but with the development and improvement in the tools, now it can be used for creating the website. This can be useful for designing websites, professional portfolios, mobile applications, eCommerce stores, membership sites, etc.
Why Should You Consider Using WordPress?
There are several reasons for which the organization should implement using WordPress for their business and these reasons include:
Free of cost
WordPress software is free of cost and the organization can easily download it from their website, install and modify it based on their requirements and then use it. This application can be used for designing or creating any kind of website. It allows the organization to select the domain name as the address of the website and can be easily searched by the users.
Easy to use
WordPress is one of the most powerful and flexible platforms preferred by most enterprises. This can be easily used by beginners for the creation of the website and blogs as it does not require specialized training. It comes along with a simple dashboard with several menu options that guide the user in the creation of the posts and pages, customization of the website, etc.
WordPress comes along with thousands of free templates for the website to select from. Thus, it allows the user to design the website or blog based on their need and requirements.
The website built using WordPress considers the search engine traffic. It uses high-quality code that allows Google and other search engines to rank WordPress sites with higher ranks.
Safe and secure
WordPress helps in developing the website while keeping the security aspect in mind. It is a very secure and safe platform for running the website. This will keep the website safe from malware, hackers, and other potential dangers.
What Benefits Can Your Business Get Through Content Management System (CMS)?
There are several advantages of using the Content Management System (CMS) in the organization including:
- It is user-friendly
- It allows for quicker deployment
- It has ease of maintenance and also has easy updates
- It is cost-efficient and is available in different editions like specialized out-of-box solutions along with open-source or freeware
- It allows in having extendable functionality, through the use of a large number of extensions or plugins
- It has SEO-friendly features
- It provides support from the developer and the user community
- It does not require specialized technical training for creating functional pages or modification of the content.
- The user can easily perform the task without outsourcing the work to any web developer
There are several benefits gained by implementing the Content Management System (CMS) for business growth including
- Allows in streamlining the authoring process
- Enables updating the website remotely whenever required
- Ensures consistency in the appearance of the website
- Allows for customization of the website based on the business needs
- Allows using the non-technical staff for updating as it requires basic training and no special training
- This leads to reduced website maintenance costs
- Helps in eliminating the need for hiring a web developer for simple content updates
- Allows for integration of the website with several other business applications like customer relationships, asset management systems
- Enables storing the achieved contents for reference or future use
- Implements a dynamic marketing strategy for improving sales or user satisfaction
- Leads to optimization of the website and content for SEO
- It takes into consideration the processes, workflows, and technical requirements of the organization
Pimcore vs. WordPress – Things You Need to Know
These two platforms are widely used in different organizations for managing the different types of content. These platforms are available with several extensions or plugins that help in ease of integration with several other applications essential for the smooth functioning of any organization. The comparison of Pimcore vs. WordPress can be made based on several parameters like:
1. Pimcore vs. WordPress: Features Comparison
These platforms are comparable with the common features available in both of these including:
- Helps in content management
- Optimization of content for search engines
- Translation of content into several languages based on the requirements
- Easy integration with third-party applications
- Automation of marketing activities
- Providing personalized content
- Allows a fully customizable website
- Preparation of content for web-to-print
2. Pimcore vs. WordPress: Benefits Comparison
The additional features available in the Pimcore platform that are beneficial to the organization include:
- Product feed management for the several channels
- Easy integration with the marketplaces
- Allows in connection with the external system with Pimcore
- WEase import of data from different sources in different formats
- Includes the in-built feature for photo editing
- Includes an in-built dashboard for SEO management
- Helps in eliminating the data silos
- Seas of creation of product catalogs
- Provides strong personalization capabilities by using the behavioral targeting engine
- Includes the built-in analytics dashboard
- The complex pricing rules engine
- Allows for creation and management of complex workflows
Must read 16 Reasons Why Enterprises Need a Robust Pimcore Platform to explore more benefits that will help you understand the essence of Pimcore in your business.
The several features that are limited only to WordPress and add to the benefits of implementing WordPress include:
- Ease of use by the non-technical personnel
- Usefulness for SEO plugins
- Support for multiple languages with the help of plugins
- Available with a wide range of free website templates
- Simple steps for media management and content publishing
- Ease of installation and reduced time of implementation
- Built-in section for providing comments
3. Pimcore vs. WordPress: Price & Cost Comparison
Pimcore Pricing & Cost
The Pimcore is available in various editions. The community edition is free of cost and has some limited features. These community editions also include a wide range of features that are sufficient for providing the optimum results and can be successfully implemented in any business environment as they include all 6 major components.
The other edition of Pimcore includes the enterprise edition. The cost of this edition starts from 19200 euros per year. This has access to certain enterprise-only features like enterprise print publishing, product experience portal, product data syndication, complete access to the service level agreement (SLA), long-term support (LTS), and consultation. The organization can select any type of Pimcore edition based on their requirements and the budget allotted.
WordPress Pricing & Cost
The WordPress platform is cheaper compared to the enterprise edition of the Pimcore. The application is free of cost but the organization has to pay for the domain name, template, hosting, plugins, extension, security, development, fees, etc. The low-end and high-end WordPress varies depending on the number of extensions, plugins, and templates included in it.
Considering the various features, requirements, and costs, the organization can make a wise selection when it comes to Pimcore vs. WordPress.
4. Pimcore vs. WordPress: Why & When to Use?
With the changing times, business needs to change their strategies based on the expectations of their customers. Thus, the organization needs to have a platform that helps them in fulfilling all their requirements.
Both of these platforms, Pimcore and WordPress, have their pros and cons that need to be considered while making the selection.
Pimcore comes with 6 main components that include product information management, customer data platform, digital asset management, content management system, etc. The organization can include any of these or all of these modules or components based on their needs.
These components allow ease of integration thus not affecting its efficiency. Due to these added features, Pimcore can efficiently handle the large quantity of data across several channels with ease. It allows for the enrichment of data and also sharing the data securely with the internal or external teams.
On the other hand, if the organization is a small business and does not have any larger budget you can opt for the WordPress platform to start with. This platform is easy to set up but simultaneously it lacks in terms of the features like security, content personalization, data management, distribution, etc.
For several added features the organization might need to include certain extensions and plugins that might need some specialized training for efficient handling.
5. Pimcore vs. WordPress: Who Wins?
When comparing Pimcore vs. WordPress, both of these are open-source platforms useful in multichannel publishing and various features are comparable in both of them. The Pimcore platform wins in comparison to WordPress as it has a greater number of components, which makes it more efficient in handling larger data.
Also, it is easy to use without any additional training. It also includes the community edition which is free of cost and can be used easily by newer business start-ups.
When considering the two platforms Pimcore vs. WordPress, both help the organization in managing the content and optimizing it for the various search engines. Each of these platforms has its advantages and disadvantages based on the different features that they have.
The organization can select the best of these platforms based on their business needs and requirements. The organization can compare these platforms based on various parameters like the features involved, costing, benefits gained, etc. while taking the final selection decision.
Pimcore vs. Competitors
Do you want to understand how Pimrore stands out from its competitors?
Here are some detailed comparisons of Pimcore with other technology platforms that help you pick the right platform that contributes to your consistent business growth and success.